- 0 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 43minPreparation: 13minCooking: 20minWait: 10min
- Portions: 8
- Difficulty: Intermediate
Recipe ingredients saved
Boil yams for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain the yams and place into a mixing bowl.
While mashing, incorporate the butter, onions, water, and Full Cream Evaporated Milk a little at a time.
Begin shaping the yam mixture into balls, 1.5 tablespoon in size. Place on a prepared baking sheet in a row. Allow to chill for 10 minutes.
In separate bowls, add seasoned flour, Everyday Milk and panko breadcrumbs for the breading station.
Take the yam balls, coat them in the flour, followed by the Everyday Milk and finally the panko breadcrumbs. Repeat the process for each ball until completed.
Deep fry in oil (375°F/190°C) for 7 to 10 minutes until fully cooked and crunchy. Allow to drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil before serving with dipping sauce of your choice.
Nutritional information 212kcal = 888kj /per portion
- 10.08 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 18.33 Milligrams Magnesium
- 212.24 Calories Energy
- 150.88 Milligrams Calcium
- 4.20 Grams Protein
- 2.12 Milligrams Iron
- 700.60 Milligrams Potassium
- 20.41 Micrograms Food Folate
- 25.31 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 38.02 International unit Vitamin A
- 0.69 International unit Vitamin D
- 0.41 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 30.85 Grams Carbohydrates
- 7.21 Grams Sugars
- 3.55 Grams Fiber
- 85.00 Milligrams Sodium
- 7.95 Grams Fats
- 4.51 Grams Saturated Fats
- 0.15 Grams Transfat