Easy Chocolate Cake
- 4 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 72minPreparation: 17minCooking: 45minWait: 10min
- Portions: 12
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C) and lightly grease and flour three 8-inch cake pans, shaking out any excess. Set aside.
In a measuring cup, combine Evaporated Milk and vinegar to create buttermilk. Set aside.
With a hand/stand mixer, mix flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt until they are well combined
Create a well in the flour mixture and pour Evaporated Milk mixture, eggs, water, butter and vanilla extract. Beat on low speed until you have a smooth batter (about 3 minutes) scraping down the sides every so often.
Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for 30 - 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Allow the cake to cool in the pan before turning out. Top with frosting of choice.
- Round cake pan
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring cup
Nutritional information 507kcal = 2,120kj /per portion
- 89.11 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 63.34 Milligrams Magnesium
- 506.68 Calories Energy
- 250.01 Milligrams Calcium
- 10.16 Grams Protein
- 3.33 Milligrams Iron
- 225.66 Milligrams Potassium
- 20.71 Micrograms Food Folate
- 0.42 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 112.93 International unit Vitamin A
- 0.83 International unit Vitamin D
- 0.50 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 84.82 Grams Carbohydrates
- 4.82 Grams Fiber
- 791.47 Milligrams Sodium
- 16.93 Grams Fats
- 10.04 Grams Saturated Fats