Cassava and Salt Fish Casserole
- 5 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 52minPreparation: 12minCooking: 40min
- Portions: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
In a pot add cassava, Onion and Garlic Cubes and 4 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for fifteen minutes or until cassava is soft.
In a saucepan heat oil. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes and carrots. Cook for three minutes then add flaked salt fish and Mild Pepper Sauce incorporate well. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, place drained cassava and using a potato masher, mash cassava. Add butter and Evaporated Milk. Continue to mash cassava until mixture is smooth.
Spray casserole dish with cooking spray. Spread salt fish mixture evenly into dish. Spread cassava evenly on to salt fish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
Place in a preheated 375°F (190°C) oven. Bake for 20 mins
- Potato masher
- Baking dish
Nutritional information 623kcal = 2,606kj /per portion
- 126.92 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 123.23 Milligrams Magnesium
- 622.89 Calories Energy
- 445.58 Milligrams Calcium
- 48.15 Grams Protein
- 2.13 Milligrams Iron
- 1443.64 Milligrams Potassium
- 73.56 Micrograms Food Folate
- 40.10 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 319.12 International unit Vitamin A
- 2.84 International unit Vitamin D
- 3.33 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 56.29 Grams Carbohydrates
- 9.58 Grams Sugars
- 3.98 Grams Fiber
- 4669.06 Milligrams Sodium
- 22.68 Grams Fats
- 10.49 Grams Saturated Fats