Traditional Jamaican Stewed Peas
- 0 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 45minCooking: 45min
- Portions: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
Drain liquid from peas and pigtail's. Place in a large pan and fill with water, cook until peas are tender.
Add the scotch bonnet pepper, escallion, thyme, garlic and MAGGI® Coconut Milk and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Combine flour and water together. Knead well to form stiff dough. Using the palm of you hands make small cylindrical shaped dumplings. Add to stew and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
Mixture should be slightly thickened. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Nutritional information 631kcal = 2,639kj /per portion
- 630.64 Calories Energy
- 56.59 Grams Carbohydrates
- 19.75 Grams Protein
- 36.56 Grams Fats
- 16.39 Grams Fiber
- 1122.17 Milligrams Sodium
- 32.51 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 15.86 Grams Saturated Fats
- 157.84 Milligrams Calcium
- 6.56 Milligrams Iron
- 258.17 Micrograms Food Folate
- 968.73 Milligrams Potassium
- 22.33 International unit Vitamin A
- 20.02 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 0.08 International unit Vitamin D
- 0.26 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 100.09 Milligrams Magnesium