This National Dish of Antigua and Barbuda was written and prepared by Octivia Tennyson our YOCUTA WI Flavour Lecture Series winner 2021!
- 0 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 50minCooking: 48minPresentation: 2min
- Portions: 8
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
Heat vegetable cooking oil. Add pig tail and sauté for 5 minutes, add onions and chicken. Fry for another 5 minutes.
Add all vegetables except papaya and a small portion of callaloo then stir well.
Add just enough water to cover, the hot pepper and the Cubes, and cook until the vegetables are tender.
When the vegetables and meat are cooked, add papaya and the remaining callaloo.
Allow all ingredients to simmer under low fire for approximately 15 minutes or until thick.
Serve hot with fungee.
Nutritional information 588kcal = 2,459kj /per portion
- 66.62 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 114.11 Milligrams Magnesium
- 587.74 Calories Energy
- 145.80 Milligrams Calcium
- 13.04 Grams Protein
- 3.07 Milligrams Iron
- 907.42 Milligrams Potassium
- 230.21 Micrograms Food Folate
- 73.73 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 443.18 International unit Vitamin A
- 0.11 International unit Vitamin D
- 2.58 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 20.04 Grams Carbohydrates
- 8.63 Grams Sugars
- 5.63 Grams Fiber
- 2098.89 Milligrams Sodium
- 51.89 Grams Fats
- 17.61 Grams Saturated Fats