- 5 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 180minPreparation: 60minCooking: 30minWait: 90min
- Portions: 12
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
In the mixing bowl from your stand mixer, combine the yeast, 1 ½ teaspoons of sugar and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes until it becomes foamy.
In another bowl, mix the Evaporated Milk, ¼ cup of sugar, melted butter and salt. Then pour this mixture to the yeast mixture. Place mixing bowl on stand and use dough hook attachment to combine 3 cups of flour into your wet ingredients.
Add 1 cup of flour at a time until you have added 5 cups. Then add ½ cup of flour at a time until dough stops sticking to the bowl. (It may not take as much as 7 cups of flours to achieve this texture)
Use 1 tablespoon of the softened butter to grease a bowl and place dough into bowl and cover. Place in a warm place for approximately 1-1 1/2 hours to rise.
Remove risen dough from bowl. Punch down and knead for 2-3 minutes on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough in half and shape into loaves. Place loaves into greased bread pans, cover and allow to rise a second time.
Bake in preheated 375̊F (190̊C) oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack. Brush tops with remaining softened butter.
Nutritional information 361kcal = 1,509kj /per portion
- 15.47 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 17.36 Milligrams Magnesium
- 360.58 Calories Energy
- 213.55 Milligrams Calcium
- 8.81 Grams Protein
- 3.47 Milligrams Iron
- 92.85 Milligrams Potassium
- 45.71 Micrograms Food Folate
- 0.11 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 55.60 International unit Vitamin A
- 0.13 International unit Vitamin D
- 0.23 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 61.96 Grams Carbohydrates
- 2.25 Grams Fiber
- 532.53 Milligrams Sodium
- 8.22 Grams Fats
- 4.80 Grams Saturated Fats