- 0 people already cooked this dish.
Total: 146minPreparation: 140minCooking: 5min
- Portions: 6
- Difficulty: Easy
Recipe ingredients saved
In a mixing bowl, place salt fish, pour water in the container to fully immerse salt fish. Soak salt fish for at least 2 hours or overnight to remove excess salt.
Once soaked, boil salt fish for 15 minutes. Once cooked, drain and put to cool. Remove skin, scales and fins with a small knife then flake to small pieces and carefully remove bones.
In frying pan over medium heat, heat coconut oil. Sauté onions, tomatoes and scotch bonnet peppers until onions are translucent. Add salt fish, combine with seasonings and continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
In a mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients and the Orchard Orange Juice along with salt fish mixture.
Serve at room temperature. Recipe serves 6 persons. Suggested serving size is 2 tablespoons.
Nutritional information 277kcal = 1,158kj /per portion
- 276.68 Calories Energy
- 2.90 Grams Carbohydrates
- 47.93 Grams Protein
- 6.82 Grams Fats
- 0.51 Grams Fiber
- 1.58 Grams Sugars
- 5315.18 Milligrams Sodium
- 114.91 Milligrams Cholesterol
- 4.49 Grams Saturated Fats
- 130.35 Milligrams Calcium
- 2.15 Milligrams Iron
- 28.02 Micrograms Food Folate
- 1183.57 Milligrams Potassium
- 48.77 International unit Vitamin A
- 13.76 Milligrams Vitamin C
- 3.02 International unit Vitamin D
- 2.26 Milligrams Vitamin E
- 106.04 Milligrams Magnesium